Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Standard Morse exchange

Here is what the standard Morse code radio exchange looks like:

Morse code message Translation
CQ CQ DE VE2WLD K Who is there? My callsign is VE2WLD. Any station please reply.
VE2WLD DE KG2MM [KN] Hey VE2WLD! It is KG2MM. Please reply if you hear me.
KG2MM DE VE2WLD [BT]
GM ES TU FER UR CALL
RST 599 [BT]
QTH MONTREAL [BT]
NAME IS GEORGE GEORGE [BT]
HW CPI?
KG2MM DE VE2WLD [KN]
Hey KG2MM, it is VE2WLD.
Good morning and thank you for your call
Your signal is easily readable and comes strong here
my station is located in Montreal
my name is George
how do you hear me?
This message to KG2MM is from VE2WLD and I am waiting for a reply from him.
VE2WLD DE KG2MM [BT]
FB GEORGE ES TNX FER RPRT
RST 459
IN JACKSONVILLE, FL
OP MIKE MIKE
SO HW?
[BK]
For VE2WLD from KG2MM.
Good job, Georgi, I understood everything you have just sent. Thanks for your report.
Your signal is readable and fairly strong
in Jacksonville, Florida
my name is Mike
how do you hear me?
Break
[BK]
FB MIKE
WX IS SUNNY 20 C
RIG IS DISCOVERY TX-500
PWR 10W
ANT VERTICAL
HW?
[BK]
Break
Good job, Mike. I understood everything you have just sent.
The weather is sunny, 20°C
My radio is DISCOVERY TX-500
the power I am using is 10 watts
the antenna is vertical
how do you hear me?
Break

[BK]
MOSTLY OK
POWER?
WX STORM ES 60F
RIG IS YAESU FT-891
PWR 1TTW
ANT IS 4 BAND DIPOLE
HW?
[BK]

Break
Mostly OK.
Please repeat your power level again, I didn't hear it well.
The weather is storm and 60°F
My radio is YAESU FT-891
the power I use now is 100 watts
my antenna is 4 band dipole
how do you hear me?
Break

[BK]
PWR IS 10W 10W 10W
TNX FER NICE QSO MIKE ES HPE CU AGN
73
KG2MM DE VE2WLD [SK]
Break
The power is 10 watts
Thanks for the nice contact Mike and I hope to see you again.
Best regards
This was the last message to KG2MM from VE2WLD
VE2WLD DE KG2MM
R R
TU ES CUL OM
73
VE2WLD DE KG2MM [SK]
To VE2WLD from KG2MM
I was able to hear it this time.
Thank you and see you again my friend.
Cheers!
This was the last message to VE2WLD from KG2MM
II Bye !
II Bye !


Sometimes, the exchange drags on and people chat about all kinds of stuff. It is called rag-chewing :)

In other cases, the message is fast and short - the participants only exchange their callsigns and signal reports. Mainly for contests when the goal is to make as many contacts as possible, but also when the conditions are not good and the quality of the signal makes it difficult to have a meaningful conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment